djembe zoom

Site announcements, suggestions, Q&A
By Michel
Dear djembefola.com,

Maybe because I switched from Safari to Chrome, which I use on my macbook Pro, but I don't see video's in posts. For example in boromir76's post on the 10th of june in the 'music and drumming' section, I don't a video or a link.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks in advance

Michiel
By michi
That particular video has been disabled for embedded playback. With Safari, I get a message telling me to watch it on YouTube instead, and the video player window in the post has a YouTube link that takes me there. Not sure how Chrome handles this situation. If you don't see some sort of link or message, I'd say it's a Chrome problem.

Michi.
By Liam Petersen
I think you're right, Michi, because I'm using Chrome too, and in boromir's original post, I didn't see a link or a video player

Although, unlike Michel's description of the problem, it doesn't happen to me in all threads that have video clips in them, but in this case, it did
By Michel
Hi thanks for these reactions. Another example, just to check the theorie: in the video section "Sidiki Camara recording album (w/Zoumana Dembele)". Can everybody see a link? or even start the video in the post?
By michi
Michel wrote:in the video section "Sidiki Camara recording album (w/Zoumana Dembele)". Can everybody see a link? or even start the video in the post?
Works fine for me with Safari.

Michi.
By the kid
Michel wrote:just to check the theorie: in the video section "Sidiki Camara recording album (w/Zoumana Dembele)". Can everybody see a link? or even start the video in the post?
With chrome the clip is not there. No link either.

I tried it on opera browser and it worked fine.
By djembefola.com admin
Ok I have created a solution for this issue in Chrome for youtube.

The recommended way of posting a youtube video is like this:

Past the youtube id in, like this:

efDuxHSChb0

then double click it to highlight, and then click the youtube button above...

It should look like this:

Make sense?
Attachments
(18.93 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
By the kid
I don't really get the technique to embed vid from your post. (edit, ok i'm seeing the youtube button now in the menu above the smilies.

The 2 problems are:

Can't post vids, (sorted ish)

and

Can't see vids posted in other peoples posts.

So here i'm trying to post a vid, lets see if it works

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY-UC2P_Oto[/youtube]
Last edited by the kid on Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By the kid
Well at least it is there in some form

Still i think the main prob is people checking the site and not seeing the vids others post and thinking there is nothing happening.