For chatting and discussions.
By James
Apparently students that set goals achieve far more than those that don't, and it could be really motivating to come back here next January to see how close you got, or by how much you achieved more :)

I'd like to play more for dance classes this year and improve my strength, fitness and technique.

So what's your drumming goals for 2013? :dundun: :dundun: :djembe: :djembe:
By Waraba
To lock my technique. Be able to hit "slap" first time touching the drum in a day, cold.
By djembefeeling
My goal is to revisit some of the rhythms I learned with Rainer Polak, like sunun and wassulunka, manjanin and madan. But first of all, I want to get deeply involved into the Music of Upper Guinea again after these years focusing on Malian rhythms. I will start a high end apprenticeship with afoba/daniel this year that probably will last three years, with a group roundtrip to some of the villages in Upper Guinea in the end. We will meet twice a year for 5 days in a row. I think there is still one place vacant in this international group of swiss, german, and french people. What about you, Jon or Michi? I am looking so forward to play the duns frantic...

jürgen
By michi
djembefeeling wrote:My goal is to revisit some of the rhythms I learned with Rainer Polak, like sunun and wassulunka, manjanin and madan. But first of all, I want to get deeply involved into the Music of Upper Guinea again after these years focusing on Malian rhythms. I will start a high end apprenticeship with afoba/daniel this year that probably will last three years, with a group roundtrip to some of the villages in Upper Guinea in the end. We will meet twice a year for 5 days in a row. I think there is still one place vacant in this international group of swiss, german, and french people. What about you, Jon or Michi? I am looking so forward to play the duns frantic...
Hey, that sounds truly excellent! Where do I find out more?

Cheers,

Michi.
By djembefeeling
michi wrote:Where do I find out more?
just pm daniel. I will forward his description of the project to you by email, since you have no problem with the german language... ;)