Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
By Dugafola
sounds like mohammed's been practicing his tonpalo.

glad to see the brothers using the straps i gave them in 2008.

i'm curious as to how this group stacks up against the latest incarnation of Percussions de Guinee. When i was last there in 07/08, the Jrs were to the alpha dogs in the city no doubt. the group shown in these particular videos is not the complete group though.
By davidognomo
This was something close to a private party, or at least a small party at the Bangouras' house, or near it. Lao Lao doesn't seem to be there as well as some other members.

Who are the latest Percussions de Guinee?
By Dugafola
davidognomo wrote:This was something close to a private party, or at least a small party at the Bangouras' house, or near it. Lao Lao doesn't seem to be there as well as some other members.

Who are the latest Percussions de Guinee?
when was lao in boka jrs? the last incarnation of the group i saw was moussa n'tanga, bayano soumah, daouda sylla, sekou camara, bangaly and mohammed bangoura, sangbanfola, balafola.

regarding PdG...that's a good question. i keep hearing of people coming from guinea having studied with artists from there but it doesn't seem that they are touring or doing anything outside of guinea.
By davidognomo
regarding LaoLao, take a look at these videos:

about guys from percussions de guinée, I just found this video:

I love his playing. the way he smiles when he finds a good ride. and his body posture, including wrists and hands.
By Dugafola
i recognize lao lao now.

regarding the last "PdG" video...that's definitely not PdG. I know Facelly personally and he was only in the group for 1 or 2 tours. you can see him on the Djembe Genies DVD. i remember playing with Dizo one time at a Djalaban. he's a wild one. also this is at Bolokada's house. his young son Bala tries to play kenkeni during the Kala. Wadaba's brother Kalilou is playing sangban towards the middle/end part.