CDs, books and DVDs
By michi
Hi folks,

for those of you who would like to learn how to build or re-skin a djembe, I've just finished a book:

Djembe Construction: A Comprehensive Guide
Cover.jpg
Djembe Construction: A Comprehensive Guide
Cover.jpg (45.77 KiB) Viewed 1282 times
You can find a more extensive preview at Google Books.

I have five copies of the book to give away as a free download. If you are interested in getting a copy, all you need to do is send a short message to james@djembefola.com and like the post about this give-away on the djembefola.com Facebook page by 20 May 2012. James will randomly select five winners from the entries he receives.

In return, all I ask is that, once you have read the book, you post a review in the iTunes store and on djembefola.com. (And no, I don't expect a positive review, just an honest review.)

Finally, before you enter, you need an iPad to view the book. (I'm sorry, I would love to make the book available on other eReaders, but the technology isn't there yet.) The book will be no good to you unless you have an iPad, or can ask a friend to download the book and let you view it on their iPad.

Cheers,

Michi.
By rachelnguyen
Hi Michi,

Your book looks great! I wonder, though, if it is possible to read it on a regular computer? I have an ipad, but for folks who don't.... there are probably programs that allow them to read it on a laptop. What is the ebook format?
By michi
rachelnguyen wrote:Oh, never mind... I see it is an app. So the ebook technology has to catch up with you!!
Actually, not an app, but an eBook in Apple's proprietary format. That's because none of the eBook readers are smart enough to do video yet.

The choice to restrict publication to the iPad is Apple's. There is no technical reason why this couldn't be viewed on a computer. But, remember, it's iPads all those school kids are supposed to have in their bags, not laptops or notebooks… :(

Michi.
By michi
davidognomo wrote:not even on a macbook? that's weird...
Apple see the iBookstore as a way to leverage sales of iPads. That's why they don't make an eReader available for OS X.

Michi.