For chatting and discussions.
By ubba
Shame on Drumskulls for having too many good products that I want to buy. I bought a nice bugarabu at skulls and after playing it decided to purchase a second one, they are definitely magic when played together and I fear I may want a third one to complete the set, somebody stop them, they are going to bankrupt me! I'm thinking I may just use my djembe with the bugarabu's and leave it at that for now.

My question here is about the "krin", are there any resources out there that anybody knows about, to date I can't find any, there are a few great clips on youtube but I wonder if anybody has made a dvd or has information on classes in the San Francisco, Ca. area. I purchased a krin at drumskulls and am having a blast playing it...falling in love is such an easy thing to do when playing instruments from W. Africa! I'm holding the sticks as one would do typically with drum-set, is there a better way of holding the sticks for krin or any other tidbits somebody else would like to share? Maybe one of you could make a dvd and send it to me posting.php?mode=post&f=1#. Also I'm finding that I can play a lot of the rythm's from the djembe on the krin as well but there seems only to be the tone and slap so am using the sides of the krin for the three sounds. Would love to hear any suggestions on krin playing from some of you more seasoned veterans. Thanks
By ubba
e2c,
It appealed to me as well after watching a few video's on the net and I've been wanting one for some time now, glad I got it. I got the medium Mali, it's about 25inches long and 21inches around and much heavier than I thought it would be. Now I have to figure out how to make a stand for it since playing it on the ground is not always the most appealing thing for my ole butt, :giggle: :rofl: