Tell us a bit about yourself. What you're into and what dreams are etc...
By Rufus1401
Hi Guys,
Rufus here from Maesteg. Just about to buy my first Djembe. Chosen a pre loved Senegalese 13 inch made from (what I can see is) a very nice dimbe wood with calf skin. What do you guys think ?
By michi
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It's not possible to say much about your drum without seeing (and preferably, hearing) it. If you have some experienced players around, I'd ask for their advice.

Cheers,

Michi.
By michi
It looks genuine. Very plain, and I don't know what the cost of comparable djembes is elsewhere in the UK. But it looks like a decent drum to start with. A lot depends on how well they build the drum. Much of what makes a drum work is in the craftsmanship of fitting the skin. I'd check with other people who've bought from the same supplier. Ask your teacher. If you don't have a teacher yet, get one! (It's essential.)

Cheers,

Michi.
By the kid
Could be a good djembe but bit pricey for what it is. Have played some djembes like this shape and liked the sound. Sometimes the bearing edge wasn't great though. Could be poor carve inside the bowl too. Pity no pic of the edge. Probably a Senegalise djembe.

You'll get good djembes direct from burkino here at this site. It'll take a few weeks but drums are good quality and cheap enough. Avoid the oversize bowls(i have one approx 16", bowl seems too big sound wise.) Around 13"/33 cm is average i'd say.

http://www.baragnouma.com/en