Tell us a bit about yourself. What you're into and what dreams are etc...
By bobp
Hi folks! I've never drummed and never even held a djembe, but i've had a bug for awhile now that i should start hand drumming. I'm psyched, of course, to have come across this forum full of passion and knowledge and hope to get some advice on where in massachusetts I can find a reputable dealer with good quality drums suitable for a beginner. Price isn't too much of a concern... Also, suggestions for online shops would be helpful. Although I understand that it is always best to touch and hear the drum first, i'm think that my zero skill level will make it difficult to select the right drum through the hands on experience, so getting some suggestions on trustworthy dealers anywhere will give me hours of shopping joy :)

Thanks,
Bob Perry
By djembefeeling
Living in Germany, I cannot tell you about dealers in Massachusetts, buut from what has been said on this forum, I think there are 3 really good online dealers with delivery in the US.
bobp wrote:Although I understand that it is always best to touch and hear the drum first, i'm think that my zero skill level will make it difficult to select the right drum through the hands on experience, so getting some suggestions on trustworthy dealers anywhere will give me hours of shopping joy
that's true! if the price is no concern, go for the good stuff.
check out wula drums, drumskull, and this guy:

buy-instruments-f17/custom-built-ash-dj ... t5414.html
By michi
Eh! I make some too! ;-)

I have a few of these left. I shipped a few of them overseas too. But there won't be any more. I just cannot get the shells into the country at anything approaching a reasonable price :(

Cheers,

Michi.
By bobp
Thanks for your replies... I've visited wula and drumskull online. Beautiful looking drums, but definitely not inexpensive... I start a beginners hand drum class tomorrow night and will be renting a drum from drumconnection in arlington, ma. I should be able to make a more informed buying decision in a few weeks :)
By bobp
Thanks for sharing your link.. Your drums look very nice. Something you wrote in you 'bio' really resonated with me:
"There are rhythms in all of us, and no-one else can play these rhythms unless we share them."

I hope to find my 'authentic' voice through this experience, i liken that to the 'rhythm inside' that you describe...
By Worcester Djembe
Greetings!! I am quite close to you in worcester, mass. I just sold the last of my mounted drums but have some shells which i can mount to your specs if you are still looking for a drum. I have shells from Ivory Coast and also a drumskull shell from Guinea available at the moment.

If interested, I can be contactes via Facebook at www.facebook.com/Worcesterdjembe or worcesterdjembe@gmail.com.