Tell us a bit about yourself. What you're into and what dreams are etc...
By Talisker
Hi everyone. I'm in the North West Highlands of Scotland. Bass guitar has been my main instrument for longer than I care to think. But I just acquired a djembe and it's love at first sight (or sound) for this beginner.

I'm in a remote area - so far as I know there are no drum circles or djembe teachers anywhere near me. But if anyone knows of any (I'm about 65 miles West of Inverness), do let me know.

Otherwise I guess I'll be relying on online resources, books and the like to learn (including a great little app for my iPod called Piti-Piti-Pa). Self-taught is not ideal, but I'm going to have a lot of fun anyway!
By michi
Welcome to the forum! If you look around, you'll find plenty of links to teaching DVDs. In the absence of a real-life teacher, that's the next-best thing.

If you can, try and find some like-minded people in your area and play with them. You can't really learn this music playing only by yourself.

Cheers,

Michi.
There's a lot of great videos on youtube including extracts from djembe lessons - sometimes even whole djembe lessons simple techniques, complex arrangements.

My favourite youtube channel at the moment ARE lessons uploaded by RYAN C of MOTHERLAND MUSIC but do a youtube search for djembe rhythms or djembe lessons and you'll find something you like I'm sure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuvNsn ... KuBjtj1L-Q