[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Workshop with Malo Sonko - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 2 posts
By mgmcgahon
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2 ... ent_invite

On the 18th/19th Nov we be joined again by Senegalese teacher Malo Sonko sharing his life and passion of the drum..

Malo is from Abene in the Casamance region of Senegal and a Mandinka backround which has it's own strong musical tradition.
In his teens he started the initiation to the djembe with two master drummers. After a few years of playing with older artists he founded Ballet Theatre Troupe Bitinibaa which he still performs with back home.

'If I can't play I have to go somewhere where I can play. Drums are my medicine - music is my medicine.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world/onyou ... alo1.shtml

This workshop is open to anyone wishing to learn and improve on their
djembe skills and with an interest in traditional Mandinka rhythms and songs. This is not suitable to beginners some drumming experience will be required.

We will cook and share food together on the day..
Places will need to be booked for this one so do let me know as it is depending on the numbers
By mgmcgahon
It was an excellent couple of days with Malo. His drumming skills and knowledge along with his encouraging teaching methods made the workshop a great success. I would recommend his workshops to anyone.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 2 posts