[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Famoudou Konate Bamberg Workshop 2011 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 3 posts
By dleufer
Hey,
Haven't heard for sure if these are on next year or not but I presume they are. If he is doing the workshops I'm definitely singing up and my idea is to try and recruit as many decent drummer as possible to sign up too. My experience in Africa with Famoudou was that the class got slowed down by inexperienced players. I reckon if we get enough players of a good standard to sign up on the course we could get some amazing stuff out of Famoudou. Not that I didn't get amazing stuff from him in Africa but it took me 10 minutes to learn the duns for Dibon 5 and then we spent two more days waiting for people who should have just gone to the beginners group.

There's no doubt that the man knows some incredible stuff and all we need is 15-20 people to hijack it and turn it into and 2 week advanced workshop!

Anyone interested?
By Dugafola
dleufer wrote:Hey,
Haven't heard for sure if these are on next year or not but I presume they are. If he is doing the workshops I'm definitely singing up and my idea is to try and recruit as many decent drummer as possible to sign up too. My experience in Africa with Famoudou was that the class got slowed down by inexperienced players. I reckon if we get enough players of a good standard to sign up on the course we could get some amazing stuff out of Famoudou. Not that I didn't get amazing stuff from him in Africa but it took me 10 minutes to learn the duns for Dibon 5 and then we spent two more days waiting for people who should have just gone to the beginners group.

There's no doubt that the man knows some incredible stuff and all we need is 15-20 people to hijack it and turn it into and 2 week advanced workshop!

Anyone interested?
wish i could attend!

i went to his first ever "advanced workshop" here in the US last year and it was far from it. i've had a few normal workshop classes that were way harder than the 'advanced' one.

my suggestion for FK workshops...at least the ones in the states (not sure the structure of classes in europe)...is that if you're an advanced drummer who can play any/all dunun parts, you must step up and rock those duns out to keep the class moving. play that shit loud so he can hear you over the people flailing behind you. then he'll usually step to his djembe and commence the face melting.
By Paul
Dugafola wrote:my suggestion for FK workshops...at least the ones in the states (not sure the structure of classes in europe)...is that if you're an advanced drummer who can play any/all dunun parts, you must step up and rock those duns out to keep the class moving. play that shit loud so he can hear you over the people flailing behind you. then he'll usually step to his djembe and commence the face melting.
Good suggestion, I would be afraid to sign up for a month camp but would try a week.. I think you can find some good players there though... I think if you want hardcore though you might need to look elsewhere..
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 3 posts