[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rhythm power Ghana 2011 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 4 posts
By bubudi
solas wrote:This thread is to discuss a djembe related event which is taking place in guinea.
mistake. should read 'ghana'.
By michi
I went on the inaugural Rhythm Power Tour in January 2005. That was my first trip to Africa. I overlapped with that tour again in February 2008 for two days, after my stay in Mali and caught up the tour just before it finished so I could party with everyone. (I knew about half the people who were there.)

IMO, this is one of the best organized tours to West Africa. Accommodation is basic but good, food is excellent, and the social and cultural program is truly outstanding. Instruction is first rate too. Apart from Tuza (who is a true master), Adama and Madu Keita teach there each year. I studied with them one-on-one for about ten days in 2008, and they are first-rate teachers.

I can highly recommend that tour. Well organized, great location, great instruction, great food, great social program, and really nice people. Ghana has the advantage of offering a "soft landing" if this is your first time in Africa. Ghanaians speak English, the country is a stable democracy that is safe and welcoming, and Ghana is more developed than most other West African countries, so it's not quite as "hard core" and confronting as, say, Mali or Guinea.

Highly recommended!

Cheers,

Michi.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 4 posts