[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bali drum camp, 30 July - 9th August 2010 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 9 posts
By michi
the kid wrote:funny that dude Simon regards himself as a master drummer.
Not sure where the title came from. I would not call him a master myself, but he's a damn fine drummer and teacher, definitely among the top few white players in Australia.

Cheers,

Michi.
By the kid
It's a big jump from fine djembe player to Master drummer. :lol:
That was a quote from the bali site you posted. Could be marketing, over enthusiasm or what ever. He does look like a great player alright. I wasn't knocking him at all.
But it'd be nice if they back up this claim with some history of their experience and pedagogy. (Bouba included)

Any ways heres bouba's myspace (if this is a different dude let me know)

www.myspace.com/boubagaye
By michi
the kid wrote:Any ways heres bouba's myspace (if this is a different dude let me know)
That's the right person. I haven't studied with Bouba before but people whom I respect and trust tell me that he is a very good teacher.

Cheers,

Michi.
By michi
I'm off tomorrow morning to fly over to Bali, so I'll be off-line for two weeks. (There will almost certainly be little opportunity to go on the net.) I'll post some reports when I get back.

Cheers,

Michi.
By michi
bops wrote:I thought you had to have long dreadlocks to be considered a master drummer. Not so?
No, Simon doesn't have dreads. But Bouba makes up for that with his :)

Cheers,

Michi.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 9 posts