[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Start planning now for a trip to Mali in 2011! - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 6 posts
Hey all, just wanted to give you a heads up that Sidy Maiga and I are planning another drum and dance trip to Bamako in January of 2011.

Last year we had a very full daily agenda, with two drum classes and 1 dance class every day. Sidy can arrange classes in any instrument. (I am hoping to study tama.)

We had a great time hanging out at street parties, checking out nightclubs, watching rehearsals for the District of Bamako dance troupe, etc.

Accommodations are comfortable-two people to a room with indoor plumbing.

The food is incredible. We will have 2 delicious homemade hot meals every day and coffee, fresh french bread and fruit for breakfast each morning.

Last year's trip was an amazing experience. I am already getting excited about going again and would love some of my fellow djembefolas to join us!

I will post details as we get them.

In the mean time, if you have questions, post them here or email me offline:

rachelnguyen(at)cox.net
Ok, here are the dates and more details:

Arriving in Bamako on January 7th and leaving on January 23rd, 2011. (16 nights)

2 drumming classes and 1 dance class per weekday. There is a lot of flexibility on this. As I said in the previous post, I will be studying Tama and djembe. If you have another instrument you want to work with, it can be arranged.

The cost is $1400 and includes accommodations, 2 hot meals a day, 3 classes per weekday, most ground transportation. Nightclubs and weekend travel to local villages will be extra. This does not include airfare to Mali.

We had a great time last year! Come join us!
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 6 posts