[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
sidiki camara drum & dance camp in mali, jan-feb 2010 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 3 posts
come to mali to learn with sidiki camara, veteran of ballet national du mali and ex-member of sewa kan. for a video bio click here.

the camp will start on january 11 and finish on february 6, 2010. classes are mon-fri with the weekends free to relax and explore. the first week is in bamako, sidiki teaching drumming and the dancers of the ballet national du mali teaching dance. during the second week participants travel to sidiki's village, sanankoroba, in wassolon, where they will experience deep mande culture and traditions, sleeping in traditional houses and participating in village life. the third week is back in bamako, with another teacher from the national ballet of mali teaching. there is an option to extend study to a fourth week.

authentic malian food including rice, sauces, salads and fruit will be included for all meals.

there will also be several performances by national and local ballets/troupes during the camp.

prices:
2 weeks - 750€
3 weeks - 850€
4 weeks (on demand) - 950€

more info:
sidiki camara 00 47 97 18 05 45
camarake@hotmail.com
http://www.sidikicamara.com
http://www.myspace.com/sidikicamara
Great thing you posted this, Bubudi! I spoke to Sidiki last weekend about it. I am definitely going. There are lots of possibilities: for me for example it is possible to join after the first week, and make the rest of the three weeks. So than I will have my first week in Sanankoroba, the village, and after that two weeks in Bamako. The reason for me to do it that way is that I have only (!?) three weeks, and wanted to go to the festival in Segou at the end of my stay in Mali. That festival is from 3th to 6th of february, and very much worth visiting.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 3 posts