[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mamady's workshop in San Diego - Page 7 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

By Djembe-nerd
And he tells lots of interesting stories about his life, Mandingue culture, the significance of the rhythms, and so on.
does he do that in english all the time ?
Once you are assigned your group, you cannot play with the other group in their class, but you can sit in and listen and record so, if you are in the advanced group, you can also learn the rhythms he teaches to the intermediate group, and vice versa.
I understand that these 2 groups have different timings, so this is really good. You will end with a lot of material this way for a long time.

That makes it more tempting to attend it soon :-)
By michi
Adam wrote:does he do that in english all the time ?
His English has improved a lot over the past year; sometimes, he will speak English. For the longer and more complex explanations, he speaks French and has someone translate for him.

Cheers,

Michi.
By Djembe-nerd
I want to attend this one, but I am not so sure if I will make it or not.

TTM already told me that they will take me in in the last moment, but I won't know till 22nd - 23rd April. Anyways, I have the PCM M10 on the way so I will be ready if I make it :-)
By michi
Adam wrote:I want to attend this one, but I am not so sure if I will make it or not.
Try to make it. For one, I'm sure you'll enjoy the camp a lot. And I really would to meet you in person! :)

Cheers,

Michi.
By Djembe-nerd
And I really would to meet you in person!
That will be great !!

I really want to come, just depends on my work place. If they say yes for the vacation, I will be on a plane and in SD for MD :-)

Just to be prepared since I will have very little time, what all do you bring, a djembe (you said 2 in another post), recorder, tape, ear plugs, notebook, and a lot of stamina.

since you have done this before, where do you stay there?
By michi
Adam wrote:Just to be prepared since I will have very little time, what all do you bring, a djembe (you said 2 in another post), recorder, tape, ear plugs, notebook, and a lot of stamina.
That looks like a pretty complete list to me :) If you can deal with bringing two djembes, that's a good idea, just in case one dies. I'm taking only one, seeing that I'm limited in the amount of luggage for overseas travel. If your drum pops while you are there, I'm sure there will be a few others kicking around that you could borrow to see you through the remainder of the workshop though.
since you have done this before, where do you stay there?
Last time, six of us stayed in a condo, and we've rented another condo for the workshop this time. (Unfortunately, I can't invite you to join us--all the places are taken already.)

Ali suggested a hostel that's close to the practice venue. You may also be able to find cheap hotels in the area if you hunt around the web a bit. The practice venue is at 2650 Truxtun Rd.

Cheers,

Michi.
By Djembe-nerd
Thanks for the address, and nice of youto consider me for the condo.

I will look around.
By Djembe-nerd
Mamdy was scheduled for a worshop in Texas for may 14-16. Someone who registered with them received an email that Mamady got sick recently after a worshop and has been told to rest and not exert. So instead Mahiri and Mousa will be there and he will come as supervision.

Anyone heard this too, What about the San Diego camp, that one is before this?
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 7 of 7
  • 98 posts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable