[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drumming in Adelaide - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 3 posts
By Franko
THE DRUM CIRCLE

AT GLENELG NORTH COMMUNITY CENTRE.(ADELAIDE)
Djembe drumming classes in a supportive group setting. Enjoy creating these cool, West African rhythms for fun and fitness for adults of all ages. Learn all parts of these fascinating rhythms, even on Dunduns (or Bass drums) which are provided along with each class. Djembes available for hire or for sale.

Casual attendance available or save by paying for a block of 6 class. Prices on application. You are welcome to attend for a one-off try.

Dutch-born drummer, Frans Kat has had a long standing involvement with a variety of drumming styles, but since 2007 has concentrated on West African Djembe rhythms. He is a patient instructor and a capable communicator with a passion for drumming. He has performed throughout South Australia with a number of groups, including Drum and Dance Company, "Sun of Africa".
Last edited by Franko on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By cass_S.A.F.E-Inc-SA
Hello

my name is Cassandra,

Why i am contacting you is i need some help.

this is my project:-

My new Not For Profit organisation (http://www.safeincsa.com.au/)together with a.c care communities for children program (where the funding is coming from) are running a pilot program and feasibility study in the Murray Bridge (for now)
we want to run a 6-8 week program.
class sizes will be no more then 15 children we prefer 10.

We would like to run this next term, and in the time bracket 4-5pm if possible - if this is too soon we are willing to push this back to first term next year.

what I need to know is :-

who is interested

We are not able to pay Drummers at this point in time, but we will pay for your fuel costs - an estimate of how much per person for this time period.

How much deposit would you like for the use of your drums (in case of damage)

does that time slot suit you

what days of the week are you available

I only have a small budget to start with, and as this is a pilot program we wont be charging families, but in the future we hope to have a set program going where we have a fee.

Insurance will be covered my S.A.F.E Inc - SA / Camp Autism Inc

this is my new Non For Profit Association http://www.safeincsa.com.au/

a program like this is already running on the limestone coast, and they are who contacted me to get this up and running in the murraylands area. i hope to be able to expand down into
Mt Barker, Adelaide hills and Adelaide in the future.

here are some examples of why we want to do this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... lK7FhZ9wXY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... PPnwG_Wh04

Look forward to hearing from you, and i hope you can help

please email s.a.f.e-sa@hotmail.com.au

Cassandra
By bubudi
welcome, cassandra. that sounds like an awesome project. i did workshops for autistic kids once and loved it (but i'm not in sa). there is a small but long standing drumming community in adelaide so i'm sure you'll get replies. if you don't, pm me for a contact. best of luck, and good on ya for the initiative!
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 3 posts