A place for teachers to discuss issues to do with teaching
By Kaitaro
Those vids are very misleading and I had to laugh. I think the problem is the lack of quality djembes around. The difference between proper djembes and toy djembes are.....they are not same instrument, totally different. In a way, those toy djembes are better off being played like those videos. However, if everyone had a great djembes, African hardwood would disappear.... I do agree that if you are meant to learn it, true information will come. I owned one of those toy djembe before and played around bonfire and messed around, but it did not encourage me to practice. When I met a proper teacher and purchased DSD drum from him, it was a beginning of slow realization process of...."oh I see, this is how its done". After that I started to practice daily. I believe a good instrument teaches you how to play. Hope this happens to many more.

Arohanui

Kai
By dontambor
Oh my god!

then i shall post myself on this tread... Please don't be to rude with me, i was only 20 yo that was almost 7 years ago!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1XEF6qeOp8[/video]

I have to tell you that i had like two years playing, and i made that video for a group of friends whom liked to play, I wasn't teaching anyone but them :D

i have to post a video of my current skills, don´t be rude neither tough!!

Sweet tones for all.
By dontambor
I have this "jewel" also, I don't know what bothers me most, the fact that he's got a lot of followers who's think that's the correct way to play a djembe, or the fact thet when you try to tell him, an avalanche of lego drummers comes to defend him...

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daMBwRLZAgk[/video]

greetings bredas and sistahs!
By michi
dontambor wrote:then i shall post myself on this tread... Please don't be to rude with me, i was only 20 yo that was almost 7 years ago!
Sweet!

That's beautiful playing, and with clean technique. You clearly know what your doing, congratulations! :-)

Cheers,

Michi.
By dontambor
michi wrote:
dontambor wrote:then i shall post myself on this tread... Please don't be to rude with me, i was only 20 yo that was almost 7 years ago!
Sweet!

That's beautiful playing, and with clean technique. You clearly know what your doing, congratulations! :-)

Cheers,

Michi.
Stop it you :3

Thanks bro!
By gr3vans
bops wrote:Here are a couple of classics...

First, the finest dumbek instructional available (very innovative techniques):

I think I'm in love...
bops wrote: Then, my personal favorite: Louder, Faster, Better.

OMG. playing in 7. mind blown.