- Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:03 pm #15486
Inspired by the useless accessories thread, here is my attempt at the ultimate djembe accessory list
- Good quality drum bag. Consider one with one or two pockets, padding, decent hardware, and stiffening in the lid, such as the deluxe case from Drumskull.
- Djembe hat with stiffening, such as this one.
- Drum stool. Avoid designs that require a drum key (unless you play a Remo ). Also avoid designs that rely on a clamp to keep the seat post at the correct height. No matter how hard you tighten the clamp, the post will gradually move down. Instead, get a stool that has a screw to adjust the height, such as this one.
- Small jar of shea butter for your hands.
- If you have tendency to bruise, arnica cream.
- Pawpaw cream. Truly brilliant for making splits heal quickly.
- Micropore tape and/or fabric strapping tape (Leukoplast) to protect splits and/or blisters.
- Djembe shoulder strap with closing buckle.
- Djembe waist strap.
- Small bent-nose pliers.
- Rope puller.
- Deer antler.
- Seke Seke.
- Rubber strap or cinch belt for attaching seke seke.
- Rubber foot for djembe, so it doesn't slip and you don't scratch wooden floors.
- Sand paper.
- Super glue and small patch of goat skin for repairing holes. (Glue a small patch over the hole from underneath.)
- Drum key for that crappy stool or your 18" Remo
- Clip-on djembe handle.
- Portable recorder.
- Notebook and pen for taking notes during workshops.
- Costume for performing, including assorted wrist bands, arm bands, necklaces, and djembe hat.
- Pair of dundun sticks plus bell striker.
- Rubber mallet for tuning a djembe without removing the wrap.
Last edited by michi on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.