[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
My tone sounds like just bass and slap combined - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

Discuss drumming technique here
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 3 posts
Hi all

After many years I've got the djembe out again and want to play it properly. I'm trying to practice making 3 distinct sounds but my tone sounds like just a mix of bass and slap rather than being pitched in between. You can hear two distinct sounds together.

Anyone know why this would be or have any tips?
it's natural for your tone to sound a bit like a slap when you're out of condition. there shouldn't be any bass in it, though. what is the diameter of your drum? (measure from bearing edges, so you're measuring just the flat surface of the drum head). can you perhaps send a short recording of your drum sounds?
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 3 posts