Discuss drumming technique here
By atam
Hi guys, we all know that when playing the djembe intensively we need to tape our fingers or palms after sometimes...for having these skin ruptures that go deeper and deeper and bleed when untreated. Even most experienced players and masters have to face this, but still some people will have it much more often than others. For some people it is a real problem - to tape the fingers all the time, it is a loss of time and even sound ! And a loss of playing comfort for having all the time to concentrate on this.

I think it can have a lot in common with skin dryness, or even with the climate and temperature..

Can somebody experienced give some hints on technique, warm-ups, skin-creme or anything for prevention of hand skin ruptures?

Especially the ones who had this problem and succeeded to eliminate it ! Thanx ahead !
By rachelnguyen
(edited)

Skin splitting, it is very common, especially in the winter in the dryer months. For me, I noticed that some years were worse than others, depending on the temperature and relative humidity.

A daily treatment of shea butter can help... or really any kind of moisturizer. (If your fingers are already split, moisturizers can sting pretty bad, though. Less so with the shea butter.)

Wear gloves outside. And as much of a pain as tape is, it is good for both prevention and treatment. Probably worthwhile while your fingers heal and toughen up.

For me, the best solution was to switch to dunun, LOL.

:-)
By the kid
Guys That christyk8 is a spammer or a skum bot or whatever ya like to call it

Funnily it says they have 3 posts when they only have 2

And how they edited the post recently to include some links to another web site without it saying edited
By michi
the kid wrote:Guys That christyk8 is a spammer or a skum bot or whatever ya like to call it
Yes. I warned the person a few days ago.
Funnily it says they have 3 posts when they only have 2
That's because I moved one of the irrelevant posts into a quarantine area where only moderators can access it. The article count reflects the total number of articles, not the number of visible ones.
And how they edited the post recently to include some links to another web site without it saying edited
The strategy is to post a few sort-of-relevant articles and wait to see whether they survive moderation. Then come back a few days later and add a signature with the spam URLs. The signature is stored only once and displayed with all articles, even ones written previously, so a change of signature does not count as an edit.

I've banned that user and I'm about to remove the articles.

Michi.