[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
cd & dvd by momo camara & mohamed bangoura - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

CDs, books and DVDs
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 9 posts

How do you rate Rythmes de Guinee by Mohamed Camara & Momo Bangoura CD/DVD set?

♥ sucks
No votes
0%
♥♥ watchable
No votes
0%
♥♥♥ pretty good
No votes
0%
♥♥♥♥ really dig it
No votes
0%
♥♥♥♥♥ off the hook
No votes
0%
By bubudi
recorded/filmed on 13 jan '09 in coleah, conakry, this dvd/cd is a chance to see and hear 2 different generations of guinean djembefolas together.

momo camara, aka 'grand mastah', was born in 1946 and from the age of 15 (c. 1961) was recruited to ballet djoliba, where he stayed for 6 years before joining les ballets africains (1967 - 2001). in 2003 he received the djembe d'or (golden djembe prize). he trains and supports the younger generations of artists in conakry.

mohamed bangoura is currently 1st soloist for les ballets africains which he joined in 2003. he is also one of the soloists of the group boka percussions, and is the younger brother of fode seydou bangoura (aka 'bafode').

accompanying these 2 djembefolas on the cd are moussa 'tanga' camara, mohamed 'briki' conte (both also from boka percussions) and mohamed camara.

tracklist: lamban, tiriba, konkoba, yankadi-makru, liberte, bundiani.

the dvd and cd combo is available from sebastian hocquard, whitewidow5758@hotmail.com or folykan@yahoo.fr for 25euros. good value.

here's a taste of the dvd with some tiriba action:

By Dugafola
saw the video a few days ago.

mohammed "mastah" bangoura was in djoliba back in the Mamady days. he's trained a lot of djembefola in CKY and is director of a ballet called Africa Soleil or something like that. i got videos of his ballets from 2005 and 2008. high energy and tight music.

the other mohammed bangoura is the lead soloist for les ballet african right now and has been for the past couple years...since mito and kolipe left actually. he's fode's little brother from a different mother.

another notable artist is the dununbafola moussa "ntanga" camara. one of the best young dununfolas in CKY. he plays in the boka jrs with mohammed bangoura and various other ensembles.
By bubudi
yea it's all there in my first post. the video and other details are there too, check it out. sorry guys, those pics are huge. i've uploaded them below so you can see them in their entirety.
rythmesdeguinee.jpg
dvd front cover
rythmesdeguinee.jpg (148.83KiB)Viewed 3720 times
The attachment rythmesdeguinee2.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
rythmesdeguinee2.jpg
dvd back cover
rythmesdeguinee2.jpg (398.95KiB)Viewed 3720 times
By michi
First time I heard about this--thanks for posting! I'm considering getting a copy.

Any comment on the quality of the material? Is it basic, or is there more advanced stuff there?

Cheers,

Michi.
Garvin wrote:Damn! Dun dun player kills it! That is awesome. I hardly see clips of tasty sangban/dundun solos like that that I can actually hear.
the dunun player, Ntanga, is one of the top young dununfolas in conakry right now.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 9 posts