CDs, books and DVDs
Hi everybody,

As some of you may already know, I've had been studying with Sega Sidibe for almost 15 years. We had worked on a video method project when he was at my home last year. The purpose of this method was to show what mattered him so much about djembe: how to play for the dance.

As some of you may also know, Sega passed away in march, and I'm of course deeply saddened that the method could not be published in his lifetime. It's still a work in progress, but as far as I know, this will be something with no real equivalent among what has been published on the matter.

I just created a facebook group for those interested in getting informations and updates on how the project progresses. You're welcome !
https://www.facebook.com/groups/852144598264542/
I am not on Facebook, so please tell about the progress once in awhile on this board. And please sign me in on your method. I can transfer the money and you could send a video once it is done. I could also give some feedback for a final version if you like...
Thanks for your interest !
The method will be divided in 7 modules, 1 module per rhythm and available in a website type format.
I'm currently working on the DANSA module. It takes a long time as I'm building the interface in parallel, but this will be done once for all and the next modules will be published at a faster rate.
The method will cover the 7 most popular rhythms of the malian repertoire: Dansa, Denba (aka Maraka), Suku (aka Soli rapide), Madan (aka Djagbe), Sunun, Mandiani and N'grin (aka Wasulunka).
Thanks. I'm afraid Denba will come later than "rather soon" :) although it will probably be the second module.

Here's a more detailed preview:

- Each rhythm is demonstrated as sequences (one or more linked phrase(s) and a resolution).
Each video features the embedded notation corresponding to the solo phrase (shown here in simplified notation).

- The main solo phrases are also demonstrated with the dance (I called on Fatim Berthe, Manu Sissoko and Tieble Vieux Diarra, all of them being known malian dance experts here in France).

- Each phrase / variation is transcribed.

1. Link to the group video (song, free dance and solo)
2. Link to the sequence featuring the solo phrase
3. Link to the dance step(s) marked by this phrase
4. Audio player (allowing to mute the different voices)
5. Notation of the solo phrase as well as the accompaniments (djembe and dunun)
6. Comments on the phrase
7. Link to the options (notation type, metronome, etc...)

Thanks to pass the word around !
very professional, I love that! its a shame that usually there are way too little people interested in the stuff to pay these enormous efforts and hazards off that you invest in such a project. I guess that's why we did not hear of another module from paddy for years now...
I'm trying to build the method I would have loved to find and learn from. (but I was lucky to find a good teacher, which is better than any method).
Your remark is the reason why I opted for the modules presentation. If the first one does not sell, the compensation is that it will free up much of my time...(to play djembe, for example !)