CDs, books and DVDs
By Djembe04
Hello,

Who can share his/her experiences with the DVD series
"Mamady Keita - Guinée: Les rythmes du Mandeng Volume 1 - 4"?
In what sort of way it's being taught?
Are the rhythms complete with solos and enchauffement?

I would like to hear from you, thanks!
By michi
Those videos are excellent, I highly recommend them. You get all parts for each rhythm and a demo section with the full rhythm. Each rhythm is also played in a full performance ensemble with improvisations. For a few of the rhythms, Mamady plays the solo original: on volume 2, Djabara, and on volume 3, Soli Des Manian and Soko.

Cheers,

Michi.
By kurra
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone can tell me where I might purchase these DVD's (les rythmes du mandeng) in Australia? I have found a few online international outlets but I was worried they may be for a different zone and not play in Australia. If I will need to purchase them os, could someone suggest somewhere they have had a good experience dealing with?

Also, if I was to only buy one at a time is there any volume that people have gotten more from than another. I am a beginner, but not a total beginner,

thanks Kim.
By michi
The DVDs are region-free, so they'll play on any player. Difficulty increases with each volume. But all of them are worth getting, regardless of your skill level.

Cheers,

Michi.
By kurra
Thanks Michi

that makes it a bit easier to make a decision. I think I will start with volume 1,

cheers, Kim.