CDs, books and DVDs
Hi

I just bought from an online shop this cd, but the cover seems to be a copy. There's only one single sheet. I'm assuming it's a copy. Does anyone here has the original cd? Does it have a booklet? I'm interested in knowing the order of the djembefolas doing solo in each track, like it's explained on the booklet of the first cd.

thanks, David
Last edited by davidognomo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hi david

i think you were ripped off because buda musique always printed information about the artists. it was around the time of djembe genies that the quality of both recordings and liner notes went down (to be fair, memoires du manding had better sound quality, but still a lack of liner notes). from my memory vol 2 was the one with el hadj sori djeli kouyate on bala, all the original drummers: noumody, lopez, koungbana, lancei, gbanworo, fatouabou, laurent, mohamed and aly. noumody and lopez did most of the solos i think. i will look for the cover when i get home and let you know more specifics.
well, thanks, guys. I'm still quite surprised with the fact that the cd was sold to me like that. But I really prefer to have it like that than not knowing it at all. I tried ordering it before in a multinational shop that is here in Portugal too - they usually get anything you want, and they couldn't get it.
davidognomo wrote:Does anyone here has the original cd? Does it have a booklet? I'm interested in knowing the order of the djembefolas doing solo in each track, like it's explained on the booklet of the first cd

So, will anyone help me? Please...?

Maybe because it is a copy, but I don't find the volume 2 sound better than in the first cd. Actually, I love the way sound is captured in the first album, it's one of my favourite sound settings in w african music albums. Only thing that sometimes happens that is too much for me is the bell that is too loud, wich happens even more in the second album.
davidognomo wrote:well, thanks, guys. I'm still quite surprised with the fact that the cd was sold to me like that. But I really prefer to have it like that than not knowing it at all. I tried ordering it before in a multinational shop that is here in Portugal too - they usually get anything you want, and they couldn't get it.
I believe it has been out of print for several years.

I don't have it myself...