[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Vera Flaig's dissertation - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

CDs, books and DVDs
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 5 posts
By tanamasi
Howdy,
this looks like very thorough and interesting work. It includes some history, transcriptions of a number of rhythms, etc. and it draws on interviews with both well-known and lesser known musicians, all crucial to the development, preservation and globalization of Guinean music :)

Vera Flaig. 2010. THE POLITICS OF REPRESENTATION AND TRANSMISSION IN THE GLOBALIZATION OF GUINEA'S DJEMBÉ. Unpublished Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Michigan. http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream ... laig_1.pdf

Hope you enjoy it & thanks to Vera for putting so much work and effort into this dissertation.
By michi
Thank you very much for posting this link!

I've read the entire dissertation, and I'm very impressed. This is truly insightful stuff. I found it especially refreshing that the author didn't shy back from criticism where appropriate. And the historical information is priceless. I really enjoyed this!

Cheers,

Michi.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 5 posts