[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mali Drums: Old Masters - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

CDs, books and DVDs
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 7 posts
By michi
I mentioned Mali Drums: Old Masters in another thread, which prompted me to post this.

The main musicians are Aruna Sidibe and Brulye Doumbia. This recording is absolutely phenomenal, IMO. True Malian old-style drumming--tasty, groovy, and masterful.
fc.jpg
Mali Drums: Old Masters
fc.jpg (18.21KiB)Viewed 2388 times
Track List:
  1. Jagwa Wara
  2. Sogonikun
  3. N'Gri
  4. N'Gomba
  5. Soli
  6. Cuomo Foli
  7. Dununba
  8. Madan
  9. Bamana Foli
  10. Sunguru Bani
Here is an excerpt from Sunguru Bani, which I absolutely love. The phrasing is very, very cool. And who said the old guys couldn't wara wara? ;)
Sunguru Bani excerpt
(2.2MiB)Downloaded 628 times
Cheers,

Michi.
By Djembe-nerd
Yes, I have this, its very nice, phrasing is excellent the feel is totally different to the regular stuff that I have. Have been listening to it for the last few days.

Highly recommended.
By bubudi
it's a great cd. i think there was a bit of mislabeling on some of the tracks, though. sunguru bani is actually track 9.
By Djembe-nerd
I have only 10 songs in the Album. I downloaded it from Amazon though, Sunguru Bani is the 10th in mine and the last one.
By michi
bops wrote:The download is sweet, thanks for posting Michi! But it's not Sunguru bani, it's Komo foli.
OK, thanks for that! I think the CD is mis-labeled then. I'll double-check when I get home.

Cheers,

Michi.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 7 posts