[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Instructional: Oumar N'Diaye Martinos - Kharandiya 2 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

CDs, books and DVDs
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 6 posts

How do you rate Kharandiya 2 by Oumar Ndiaye? (login to rate)

♥ sucks
No votes
0%
♥♥ ok, i guess
No votes
0%
♥♥♥ pretty good
No votes
0%
♥♥♥♥ really dig it
No votes
0%
♥♥♥♥♥ off the hook
No votes
0%
thanks, guedom

although he has a wolof name, he was born and raised in conakry and was taught mande dance by bangaly bangoura. according to the bio on his site, he joined les ballets africains in 1979 and eventually moved to quebec.

he also made kharandiya 1 in 2000.

there will be an instructional dvd of mande rhythms released in september/october this year.
Hi Michi i have his first volume. The rhythms on volume 1 are:
Yankadi, Kuku, Kakilambe, Macuru, Djole, Kassa, Tiriba, Sinte, Fankani and Djansa.
On volume 1 show you in a 1st track (not splited) 3 djembes acomp. (3rd one is the djembe bass, normaly any methode show it) and dunun are not individual, Oumar teach a pattern to play dununba and sangban together.
All stuff are sung (pupapi pa pupa pupa.) and after he play, this way I really apreciate too.
The second track of each rhythms is a full ensemble without solos.

The most probabily volume 2 are diferents rhythms and the methode of teach is in the same way.
Last edited by guedom on Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for the description! So, I guess this is a "basic" teaching DVD, in the sense that it shows dundun parts and djembe accompaniments, but not solos or breaks. Would that be correct?

What is your opinion of the quality otherwise? Are the demonstrations clear and easy to follow?

BTW--ten rhythms on one DVD is good value!

Cheers,

Michi.
Hi again Michi, yes is clear and easy to follow.. but any breaks or solos, is a beginner stuff, maybe the 2nd volume is more complex, the cover art look a dvd stuff, but is presented like a cd.. so is confused.

will be cool watch or listen a preview of this second volume, I uploaded the first rhythm from his vol1.
(2.42MiB)Downloaded 623 times
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 6 posts