djembe zoom

CDs, books and DVDs
Dugafola wrote: agreed!!! i love that simple arrangement. too often students get enamored with 3 dunun players and 2-3 jembe players.
It's even worse, many like to be part of big djembe accompaniment section, where their individual mistakes are diluted by the crowd effect.
Dugafola wrote:another great one...billy keita and friends - hamana life patterns.
sidiman mama keita also features on the dununba too.
By chance I got this album this summer! It has a good recording quality (sangban in particular is very well heard), and a number of rhythms I had never heard of! Like, the first track "Diagba" - looking at the name, I expected some variation of djagbe/madan.. nope, it's something different.
korman wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:41 am
Dugafola wrote:another great one...billy keita and friends - hamana life patterns.
sidiman mama keita also features on the dununba too.
By chance I got this album this summer! It has a good recording quality (sangban in particular is very well heard), and a number of rhythms I had never heard of! Like, the first track "Diagba" - looking at the name, I expected some variation of djagbe/madan.. nope, it's something different.
yea there's alot of tracks that sound very similar to each other but with different names.