Site announcements, suggestions, Q&A
By James
I received a personal message on the forum today, that looks really spammy. A person from India wanting to be my friend.

Has anyone else received messages like this? If so please let me know the details. I fear this kind of message could have been sent to all members.

James
By the kid
I didn't receive it any ways

Check the non African band tread, Spammer there seen by all moderators and nothing done about it yet. This kind of thing should be taken more serious.
By michi
I received the same message.
the kid wrote:Check the non African band tread, Spammer there seen by all moderators and nothing done about it yet. This kind of thing should be taken more serious.
There was spam in that thread that hung around for a while because I didn't catch up with that thread until recently. I deleted the spam as soon as I noticed it.

If anyone notices spam, you can help make the moderators' job easier by clicking on the red exclamation mark icon on a post and sending a spam report. That will draw our attention to the problem, so we can react even if we haven't read every post of every thread recently.

Cheers,

Michi.
By James
I didn't receive it any ways

Check the non African band tread, Spammer there seen by all moderators and nothing done about it yet. This kind of thing should be taken more serious.
This kind of thing is taken extremely seriously.

A community should be a nice place to hang out, but the fact is we can't read every single thread. As Michi said, please help us to keep these kind of scum bags in check, by notifying a moderator when you spot something like that.

As Michi said there is a little red exclaimation mark on each post so that you can notify a moderator or myself.

Thanks to the moderators for their great work :)

James