Site announcements, suggestions, Q&A
By Michel
Hi,

I could share some nice video's I made from a trip to Mali this winter. But I want to keep them in the relatively small circle of the forum, don't want to put them on youtube or so. So my idea would be to upload them from my own files. Is this possible?
thanks,
Michel
By fa_ramiro
Hi michael! i thinks its possible, you could upload your files to a server like, megaupload, or an other, and protect your file with a password, that you only know. So you can give the password only to the people you want to share, in this case, the forum.... Maybe, you can give the pass, to those how send you a private message....

Other option, i think, the site www.vimeo.com , you can upload your video, but again protect it with a pass, so only those how have the pass, could watch it!

I hope i helped you, go ahead and share!

!!!!!!!Im going to senegal, then to guinee, i flight this sunday 10.... i hope i could catch some nice vids, to share here in a near future!!!!

Bye. Ramiro
By bops
fa_ramiro wrote:Other option, i think, the site http://www.vimeo.com , you can upload your video, but again protect it with a pass, so only those how have the pass, could watch it!
I've done it this way in the past using Vimeo. Another option, using YouTube, is to make your video public, but unlisted. That way, it doesn't appear in search results or related videos. Only people who have the URL can view it.
By bubudi
hi michiel, video files can get so big that it becomes impractical to host it. the free file host sites do not list files, so no need to password protect - only those with the url can download. the unlisted option on vimeo or youtube will also do the job nicely.