Site announcements, suggestions, Q&A
By michi
On home page, selecting the community tab, I get the following text:
The djembefola community aims to connect people across the world with an interest in African drumming, African dance and in particular djembe drumming.
The link in that sentence doesn't go to the forum, but instead leads to the glossary.

Cheers,

Michi.
By bubudi
actually, that's a good point. i think a rollover text that explains what 'djembefola' means would be better, then perhaps a separate link to community. that way you don't need to navigate away to look the word up. :idea:
By michi
I got tripped up by reading "djembefola community" and expecting the link to take me to the forum. Basically, the visual cue and the text are a little at odds with each other here, depending on whether I'm a more verbal or more visual person.

I agree though: making the definition pop up when you hover would be cool. (You could still retain the link.)

Cheers,

Michi.
By michi
James wrote:Yea the intention is for someone arriving on the page who doesn't know what a djembefola is to be able to find out. Before we explained in on the home page, but index page real estate is short as it peoples attention span...
Yes, I see the intent. A pop-up that shows the definition when you hover would probably work well. As it is, the link target it surprising. And, because it takes me to a large page with lots of info, I really did a double-take on arrival: it's not clear at all that, among all that information, I'm expected to focus on the "djembefola" entry.

Cheers,

Michi.