[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Djembefola inactive? - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

Site announcements, suggestions, Q&A
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 4 posts
By Pushkadog
Hello.....?
Is anybody there.......... .......... .....
Am I right in thinking the board is dead???
Is there another?
No more posts?
By batadunbata
Going by the lack of responses - I guess it is in a manner of speaking. But I suspect a lot of people come and go.

And if you wanted to get something going, a lot of people would have their notifications turned on, so if you comment or ask a question on an existing thread, or message someone, I would imagine you would find it wasn't as dead as it looks. It goes through phases, as do the players themselves.

When I arrived it was a bit more active than when I came back again months later, but it didn't take long to get a few people interested in conversations. There are a number of dedicated members, who you will see post repeatedly over the years (Michi, DrTom, The Kid, Dugafola etc - here's looking at you), and they aren't going to just disappear forever, but people's presence waxes and wanes.

In my case for instance, I get busy with life stuff and don't have time, or my focus is elsewhere. I go through bursts of activity, where I'll get very into djembes for a bit, but I also have periods where I don't think about it as much. I struggle with health issues (and so frequently can't attend drum circles), and play other instruments and styles of music, so I'm inconsistent.

I try to answer questions more than I ask them, and use the search function as much as possible. I think it's less of a problem to "ressurect" a dead thread around here, than some forums, especially if you're adding some info for instance, since it kind of acts as a compendium of djembe knowledge, and there isn't as much current activity to be bumping down.

Sorry it's so quiet, but that's how it was when I first saw it, years ago, and then it seemed alive again when I happened to get interested in joining, so I think it really does ebb and flow. Also, you can get talking with other newcomers, and might get older members to weigh in simply by being active and present for long enough that when they check in, they see there's activity again. I imagine a lot of folks only log in once in a while, and if they see it's dead, don't reply to anything or start anything, so it takes a bit of working together to get it going.
By Dugafola
i'm still around. it seems the board got a lot quieter when FB really started to get big. there are all kinds of discussion groups there....lots of fluff too. there's a "djembefola" group that is tied to this site that i help moderate for James. I delete all the advertisements and try to keep it somewhat focused...but there's not a lot real discussion going on anyway.
By Pushkadog
Thanks again guys fer your replys.
I soo happy to see some post popping up now.
Im in no panic over timely responces yet wanted to know if ye were all still out there!
Id say a lot of stuff has already been discussed and relived lots but im sure I can chuck something new into the pot and truly believe there is always a lot more we can learn.
If i can work out how to post pics I might liven up my posts. A pic size issue maybe, still working it out.
Anyways, thanks again guys, I hope I can add something to this wonderfull community.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 4 posts