[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Senegalese djembe wood ID and repair suggestions, please - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

Advice and questions on making and fixing instruments
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 1 post
Hi all!

First off, a little word about myself: I'm a new djembe player, with no experience, been playing a 10' World Rhythm Djembe style drum for last few months until coming to a conclusion that this size of head is too limiting to my sound producing liberty.

I've recently bought a second-hand Senegalese djembe with 12' drumhead. It wasn't expensive, but there are consequences. Generally the workmanship is poor. The bearing rim is uneven, the finish very rash and cheap. The advantage being that, clearly, I could learn a lot by restoring this instrument and getting the possible most out of it. In the actual state its very ringy soundwise, and with a poor bearing ring I fear if I insist too much I will crack the skin.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts about this djembe, especially what type of wood could that be, but also how to best get it into shape, please.

Here are some pictures:
Attachments
IMG_20190605_110943.jpg
IMG_20190605_110943.jpg (648.41KiB)Viewed 12461 times
IMG_20190605_110929.jpg
IMG_20190605_110929.jpg (689.88KiB)Viewed 12461 times
IMG_20190605_110916.jpg
IMG_20190605_110916.jpg (796.5KiB)Viewed 12461 times
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 1 post