Advice and questions on making and fixing instruments
This is my first post and I just wanted to personally thank everyone on this site who dedicates their time and energy in sharing their knowledge and wisdom in the art of djembe building. No need to name names, you all know who you are! Without being able to scour this forum for the answers to my seemingly endless questions I would have had a really hard time learning to build my own djembes, not that it’s all been peaches & cream, it has not, LOL.
But no better way to learn than through hands on experience, learning from your mistakes, not giving up in the hopes of producing beautiful looking and most importantly beautiful sounding drums! I am so happy with my progress over the last year and just want to share my immense gratitude I have for all of you that take time out of your day so that you may assist a fellow aspiring djembe builder, player, and lover of the healing vibrations of DRUMMING and the MUSIC!!! I’d like to post a pic of two drums I built recently that all of you built with me, here are the fruits of yours and my labor. Thank you guys soo much, blessings and gratitude!
Love & Light, Brad
Attachments
A720E273-D9AB-40D4-A953-038A2D908769.jpeg
A720E273-D9AB-40D4-A953-038A2D908769.jpeg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 278 times
Thank you all so much for the kind words and your contributions in helping me to achieve building beautiful drums. Dr. Tom I am always glad to find a post you have chimed in on, you alone have helped me a great deal and cannot thank you enough, you are an inspiration! I too always want to go above and beyond paying careful attention to every meticulous detail. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work” Aristotle
Look foward to building a relationship with you all, while we all build some bad ass beautifully sounding drums!