Just for giggles
By michi
Naw, I don't think that style of broom is suitable for djembes. I usually borrow my broom from a friend of mine:
542320-pretty-witch-bestridden-a-broom-and-ready-to-fly-away-with-a-toe-on-large-pumpkin.jpg
Proper djembe broom
542320-pretty-witch-bestridden-a-broom-and-ready-to-fly-away-with-a-toe-on-large-pumpkin.jpg (13.87 KiB) Viewed 3550 times
Michi.
By djembeweaver
MarcoAurelio wrote:It's funny yes!! But is this guy really serious playing djembe with those brooms???
Yes Marco I'm afraid he is 100% serious! Still, if you check out some of his other videos you'll realise that he gets a better sound with brooms than he does with his hands so maybe it's for the best.

Jon
By djembeweaver
Maybe this is the first in a series of playing the djembe with gardening equipment. Personally I'd like to see him play his djembe with garden shears. That would be a short but satisfying video to watch.

Jon
By MarcoAurelio
djembeweaver wrote:
MarcoAurelio wrote:It's funny yes!! But is this guy really serious playing djembe with those brooms???
Yes Marco I'm afraid he is 100% serious! Still, if you check out some of his other videos you'll realise that he gets a better sound with brooms than he does with his hands so maybe it's for the best.

Jon

Wow Jon!!!! We live in a crazy world definitely!!! Kkkkkkkkkkkk
By saultrain
The cool thing about this technique is that it keeps your drum very clean. Right now I'm working on a similar technique that employs toilet brushes, that way you can play the inside of your drum too--and really get around the edge of the bowl for those hard to reach tones.
By djembeweaver
saultrain wrote:The cool thing about this technique is that it keeps your drum very clean. Right now I'm working on a similar technique that employs toilet brushes, that way you can play the inside of your drum too--and really get around the edge of the bowl for those hard to reach tones.
LOL....brilliant...one of the few occasions where I actually did laugh out loud!

Jon
By michi
fattyboombatty wrote:Maybe I will try a mop on mine!
Naw, mops sound too squishy. Attack is nowhere near sharp enough with those.

Now, that's a proper djembe brush:
Djembe brush.jpg
Djembe brush
Djembe brush.jpg (10.3 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Michi ;)