Just for giggles
By closetdrummer
Do you ever have day's you would like to run away...take your drum and play on a hillside night and day until they come to take you away? :o Five children and a challenging marriage makes me want to grab my drum, a bible and hide on a hillside looking out at a sunset thinking on God. Reading the scriptures and drumming some more until I could take no more of the peacefulness and solitude.
I would with some quality time alone develop compassion, love and concern for my family again and turn to go back. Oh! The peace and joy silently drumming on a mountains side with a warm summer breeze....
By closetdrummer
Calgone take me there...
By closetdrummer
michi wrote:
the kid wrote:By the way, what is calgone?
See the lyrics here.

Michi.
lol
By rachelnguyen
Calgone was a bubbling bath soap that sold in the US back in the 60s and 70s. (And maybe still is on the shelves, come to think of it.) The advertisements showed a harried housewife with piles of laundry and screaming kids locking herself in the bathroom and taking a long bubble bath, which supposedly was going to restore her sanity, LOL.

Closetdrummer,

I, too, am a bible/drum person and can definitely vouch for the efficacy of both when life gets intense. I am sending up prayers for you right now. :-)

And encourage you to go ahead and take an afternoon in the mountains. Bring the drum and the bible and make a joyful noise.
By closetdrummer
rachelnguyen wrote:Calgone was a bubbling bath soap that sold in the US back in the 60s and 70s. (And maybe still is on the shelves, come to think of it.) The advertisements showed a harried housewife with piles of laundry and screaming kids locking herself in the bathroom and taking a long bubble bath, which supposedly was going to restore her sanity, LOL.

Closetdrummer,

I, too, am a bible/drum person and can definitely vouch for the efficacy of both when life gets intense. I am sending up prayers for you right now. :-)

And encourage you to go ahead and take an afternoon in the mountains. Bring the drum and the bible and make a joyful noise.
Blessings to you rachelnguyen for your devotion and words of encouragement.
By michi
rachelnguyen wrote:Calgone was a bubbling bath soap that sold in the US back in the 60s and 70s. (And maybe still is on the shelves, come to think of it.) The advertisements showed a harried housewife with piles of laundry and screaming kids locking herself in the bathroom and taking a long bubble bath, which supposedly was going to restore her sanity, LOL.
It really is quite amazing to see what was routinely foisted on women back in those days.

I remember Palmolive ads from my childhood in Germany. The message at the end of the ad is essentially "The more dishes you wash, the more beautiful you will be."

Talk about keeping women in their place in society… :(

Michi.
By closetdrummer
michi wrote:
It really is quite amazing to see what was routinely foisted on women back in those days.

I remember Palmolive ads from my childhood in Germany. The message at the end of the ad is essentially "The more dishes you wash, the more beautiful you will be."

Talk about keeping women in their place in society… :(

Michi.
So far so good michi. The wife and I have hand washed family dishes for our entire marriage of 18 years. She is beautiful and she say's I'm relatively handsome. :lol: Thanks Calgone. :dance2: