Just for giggles
By michi
e2c wrote:The eagle is indeed the worst (or best, depending on your pov)
Yes, so far, the eagle djembe is a hot candidate for overall winner. But I have to say that I'm also quite taken by the face djembe. I think that one must also be considered an outstanding example of its kind... :)

Michi.
By dununbabe
rachelnguyen wrote:You guys, wouldn't it be hilarious to actually aquire some of these beauties and set up a museum? They are amazing. I especially love the eagle.
I'm sure we could get some kind of grant ;)
By michi
bubudi wrote:this one is a pretty good candidate
Wow! Bubudi is provisional winner for having unearthed the most way-out djembe to date! :)

Michi.

Edited to add: Have to correct myself here: That's the most way-out non-djembe to date!
By snargle
Here's a beauty for you all...it's described as a " Leopard Sarong Djembe Bongo Hand Drum - Blemish" and it's a real bargain. You can have it for only US $20.00! Of course, it's a blemished specimen, so that's probably the reason it's so inexpensive. But I'm wondering how one would know it's blemished...???
By michi
snargle wrote:But I'm wondering how one would know it's blemished...???
That can only refer to the entire drum. The blemish is the whole thing :)

Here is a similarly tasteful example, complete with matching bag:
SFDJ-14CB-with-bag.jpg
Ugly djembe with ugly bag
SFDJ-14CB-with-bag.jpg (131.67 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
There even are camouflage patterned djembes and bags:
51479_done-753ce27b56722abe80eb4ea548cd650a.jpg
Camouflage djembe
51479_done-753ce27b56722abe80eb4ea548cd650a.jpg (49.42 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
DACR28.jpg
Camouflage bag
DACR28.jpg (37.63 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
I've never understood how someone could come with the idea of using a pattern with such strong military connotations for a djembe...

Michi.
By snargle
michi wrote: I've never understood how someone could come with the idea of using a pattern with such strong military connotations for a djembe...
I guess that would come in handy for drumming behind enemy lines... :lol:
By michi
e2c wrote:it's probably meant as a "support our troops" gesture...
Yes, knowing that someone makes a djembe with a camouflage pattern will make all the difference to the morale of the US troops in Afghanistan, I'm sure...

MIchi.
By michi
Spotted this one yesterday at Denpasar airport. Yes, it is real—I touched it with my own hands ;)
IMG_0001.jpg
Dragon djembe
IMG_0001.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 2355 times
Cheers,

Michi.