Meeting place for buying and selling instruments
By michi
Dugafola wrote:i took my first shot at ordering skins from Wula NYC. i normally don't order skins online as i like to fondle and smell them before i purchase, but the price was right and i'm in need of quality guinea hide. they should arrive tomorrow.
Let us know when they arrive please!

Michi.
By Dugafola
Got em yesterday.

I spec'd thick guinea, female, consistent thickness side to side and big for a 15" drum.

Both skins were very clean on the flesh side-very similar to my friend Facelly's work.

I personally wouldnt call them thick, probably mediums in my opinion. but they are keepers no less an i'll use them on my drums.
By rachelnguyen
bubudi wrote: i can empathise that wula's drums are hand made, often by one carver and then finished off by someone else. in guinea there are many more unexpected things happening all the time which delay the process.
Well, this might be true, but the fact is, in Shawn's case the drum shell was in the USA, being advertised for sale online and it has still be 3 months. The customer has been charged and there is no drum. I can rehead a drum in a couple of hours. Within a week, I can pull it. There is absolutely no reason this should have taken months.

This, added to the dvd fiasco really suggests that there are some systemic problems that need to be addressed.

I hope that things get straightened out soon.
By shawnguess
rachelnguyen wrote: I hope that things get straightened out soon.
same here, i'd like to play my drum one day, lol -- especially since its my first pro level djembe.
By bubudi
rachelnguyen wrote:in Shawn's case the drum shell was in the USA, being advertised for sale online and it has still be 3 months. The customer has been charged and there is no drum.
ok, i missed the bit about it being in the u.s. something really went foul there. i also think that the custo.er shouldn't be charged until the goods are ready for dispatch. i truly hope they get this drum out to shawn quickly, and then compensate him for the wait.
By michi
michi wrote:On 6 July 2012, I received an email saying the Wula "will have the DVD in hand in about 10 days."
Update: I just received an email from Michael Markus saying that they have the Vol. 2 DVD now and that it's shipping.

Michi.
By bkidd
Hopefully I'll receive that email, or more importantly the DVD, soon!
By shawnguess
and i received an email stating that my drum will be shipping tomorrow, the 26th, so we shall see if i receive a tracking number.
By shawnguess
got the tracking number and it was picked up by FedEx today. now lets hope the skin doesnt get broken in shipping or something else ridiculous, lol -- then itll be christmas before i get a djembe, haaaa.
By michi
michi wrote:
michi wrote:Update: I just received an email from Michael Markus saying that they have the Vol. 2 DVD now and that it's shipping.
Just got another email saying that the DVD is on its way. I really look forward to watching this!

Michi.