Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
By Dugafola
great video. the gran bolokada showing how it's done.
By the kid
I didn;t realize this was Bolokada. But should have...

Sounds as good as Fadouba, if not better. Really impressive work on Kawa. I thought it might have been a Oulare son who grew up to be a mighty fola.
By Dugafola
yea kid. That's bolo. you'll notice that the kawa in the red jacket cuts bouba off and makes Bolo solo for him around the 6:25 mark. i got TONS of kawa stories/history from bolo. probably the favorite rhythm in my household.

bolo worked with an old Kawa known as Bob and traveled all around sankaran. Bob's father was a huge kawa in sankaran named biriba yose keira from Laya Doula. Bob had 2 other sons all initiated into the medicine and dance of kawa. i visited Laya Doula in 2007/08 and stayed a few days there. Bolo's first wife is from that village. bob died in the early 2000s but facelly and khaly are still around and can be seen in a lot of the footage that's circulating.

bolo told me the kawa in costume was sick during this fete which is why he wasn't dancing that strong. i have the names both of the kawas at my house...i'll update later.
By Paul
Dugafola wrote:bolo worked with an old Kawa known as Bob
I find that quite funny for some reason. When kids (not the kid) ask me what my kamele ngoni is called i always say Bob.
By the kid

Someone dug up more of this footage. A beautiful scene 1997. Fadouba in his prime. Pretty hypnotic. Cheers to Guedom for sourcing and sharing.

And a Kawa ceremony/demo by Fadouna Oulare and family/friends in Faranah.