Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
korman wrote:p.s. it seems to me that kenkeni in this video has a bell!
yes, it does. and since I figure you want to point to me saying otherwise about Hamana, I can only say the guys have all dreadlocks! It is as usual in a village there as is the kensedeni with bells. But you know, when guys from Conakry go rural for the authentic touch for a promo video in the Mansa Camio spirit, they still bring their way of drumming to the village. and in the long run it'll continue to change the old ways there, of course...
djembefeeling wrote:
korman wrote:p.s. it seems to me that kenkeni in this video has a bell!
and since I figure you want to point to me saying otherwise about Hamana, I can only say the guys have all dreadlocks! It is as usual in a village there as is the kensedeni with bells.
sorry, I could not resist:) but I guess discussion about kensedeni should happen in a different thread
Sangbaralla is a very metropolitan village don’t you all know, :giggle: they play "KenKeni" with a bell. I was in Sangbaralla round about the time that video was made and a local drummer made a joke about Sangbaralla being a 'Conakry village' as there was a lot of dreadlocks and Famoudou arrived down from Conakry with his students on his yearly workshop where by they were met with a very full on Dunumba Fete with quite a few folas from Conakry giving it their 'wara wara' and the local folas :rasta: . Nothing wrong with a bit of wara wara but its strange to experience it in a village setting when you think about how old this music is.

I went for a coffee that evening with a guy from America on famoudous workshop who thought the coffee was freeze dried cause he thought they only drank instant coffee in the villages like in big city’s, it wasn’t freeze dried and was from the area, they just boil the life out of the coffee over there so it tastes like engine oil
Last edited by Brian Lynch on Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
On another note, the video is well made. Nice work. Athough i think the streets look alot cleaner than normal. Its really sad how West Africa is becoming a waste fill site for China. Is that Mamaya they are playing in the video. I studyied with Nansady back in 2013 with Fode, Alhassane playing duns in the classes.