[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Famoudou Konate: Sofa Salikenebo - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 4 posts
By Gumbe_2013
I like to unterstand the rhythm in this video (7:13 min):

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Al_6Va ... freload=10[/video]

One guy in the video said it is "Sofa" but i think the right name is "Sofa Salikenebo".

You can also find it on Famoudous CD "Hamana Mandenkönö"
http://www.famoudoukonate.com/deutsch/diskographie.htm

What do you think about the arrangement? Is it correct?
4er Sofa Salikenebo.jpg
4er Sofa Salikenebo.jpg (51.21KiB)Viewed 3505 times
By djembefeeling
seems to be o.k. as far as I could see from a glimpse. Never heard of a "Sofa Salikenebo" as a traditional rhythm. My guess is it is a creation of FK. It is very similar to Fefo, again, as is his creation Lolo.
By tanamasi
Actually, Famoudou himself says it is sofa so it is not just the translator. Famoudou does not add any second part to the name, just sofa. He relates the rhythm to war and to horses, which is exactly what Mamady does in his book, when explaining the origin and mentioning that Famoudou had seen Sofa being played with the horses. :) So... maybe it is a modified sofa.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 4 posts