Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
By louiscesarewande
The Kenkeni pattern of DUNUMBA is one of the trickiest rhythms in djembe music. It will enable you to experience the power of displacement and discover the equal musical value of inner beats in djembe music.

[video]youtube.com/watch?v=bYug9-wf368&feature=c4-overview&list=UUoXZ4Qi-i6t2X2Ko9TSqofQ[/video]
By bkidd
great video and suggestions. being able to hold the kenkeni in relationship to the djembes and dununs is key for dununba rhythms. the beautiful interlock that comes from these instruments is both mesmerizing and maddening.

-brian
By korman
Having just travelled to Germany for a dununba rhythms workshop, I now agree that not including the accompaniment djembe at all is the most sensible approach. Worrying about the beat only distracts from learning the melody. Kensedeni player should not think about the beat, it is dancers/soloists job.
By Dugafola
korman wrote:Having just travelled to Germany for a dununba rhythms workshop, I now agree that not including the accompaniment djembe at all is the most sensible approach. Worrying about the beat only distracts from learning the melody. Kensedeni player should not think about the beat, it is dancers/soloists job.
yea alot of times in the village there's no other jenbe exept the soloist....or there is one but they are playing with the kensedeni.