Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
By korman
Check this out, someone from Poland have posted their last year's workshop with Famoudou and Billy
By michi
That's Fefo. I learned that from him in San Diego. The breaks aren't exactly the same, but very similar, and the sangban is identical. Fun rhythm :)
By djembefeeling
No, no, I think you got confused by the title La fé. Fé usually is a rhythm coming from the calabash. For some reason they didn't connect the syllables in one word as is usually done for this rhythm, that is danced and played before Manjani. This is Lafe aka Waraba aka Denabendunun. Listen to the song "Waraba". And listen to the sangban:

|x..x|.x..|o.o.|oo..| while Fefo would be |x..o|..o.|o.oo|..x.|

I learned that rhythm many years ago in a workshop with Famoudou in Bamberg, Germany. Interestingly, back then Famoudou used to sing the melody of the song differently back then. He keeps forgetting what he is doing ;) Even back then he always needed assistence from someone to remind him of some of the parts. :giggle:

I admire hie sounds. We just had the discussion about technique. See this as an example for the importance of good sounds:
By michi
|x..x|.x..|o.o.|oo..| while Fefo would be |x..o|..o.|o.oo|..x.|
Me bad. My ageing brain cells are letting me down… My apologies for the noise.
By djembefeeling
michi wrote:My apologies for the noise.
No need to. It's nice to have you around at all , so noise is better than silence ;).
By the kid

Last edited by the kid on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Dugafola
big love for Famoudou!! cekorobani still going strong!!!
By korman
Thanks, kid! A very recent video, great to see he's still in good health and going strong.