Photos by www.thisfabtrek.com

Post links to uploaded videos or you tube and lets discuss them.
By djembefeeling
Happy new year to all djembefolas arond the world! I hope that the music will continue to challenge and excite you!!

For that, I post some links to new, great quality Hamana videos uploaded from a Katia Roberts on youtube.

I think those 3 should suffice, just look up her channel on youtube for much more good stuff.
But also check out these great videos from Lukas Zimmerli:

Last edited by djembefeeling on Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
By djembefeeling
I think this is from the same group of people who went to Hamana with Daniel Preissler aka Afoba.I recognize a friend from Switzerland in this video, who was in that group. It's the same group of villages, at least. And the same good quality of video. The real shit and taped with a decent understanding of the music. One can learn a lot from these videos. The focus is mostly on the sangban, which is really important, and sometimes also on the dance, when things are happening there. Great stuff, thanks for the upload!
By korman
djembefeeling wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am
I think this is from the same group of people who went to Hamana
Haha, you're right:) Seems to be the same djalaban fete as in the second video you posted!

I agree - great stuff, this is the living tradition, not a stage production or a workshop.

p.s.
Also, nice to see dyidanba, this rhythm does not have as many videos and recordings as the more popular ones (soli and dya among them).
By Dugafola
korman wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:07 am
djembefeeling wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:07 am
I think this is from the same group of people who went to Hamana
Haha, you're right:) Seems to be the same djalaban fete as in the second video you posted!

I agree - great stuff, this is the living tradition, not a stage production or a workshop.

p.s.
Also, nice to see dyidanba, this rhythm does not have as many videos and recordings as the more popular ones (soli and dya among them).
funny you mention dyidamba....i know famoudou used to play it all the time back in the day. i was just in kouroussa and didn't hear it. i forgot to ask about it.