Discuss traditional west african dancing
By Garvin
Very nice... I really like those large spins in the air. He makes it look so simple and natural. The drums are kicking at the end. Sounds like there were some audio effects in the body of the video for promo purposes I'm guessing.

When I actually watch videos of dancers, it makes me realize that I need to watch more videos of dancers!

I get into so much nerding out on drum minutae, that I forget the other half of this whole thing is really for dancers. :) Thanks for the reminder.
By bubudi
here's some more footage of brahima (aka djougou) for all you fans. biography to come later.

in this first piece they do mali sadio, sumale, sandia and others. ibrahima sarr on djembe, mamadou "general" diabate on solo jelidunun. his brother bourama also on dunun. oumou "dede" demba & mariam "jojo" diabate singing, moussa diabate on bala and seiba sissoko on ngoni & dunun.

another one from fete de pieds, sarr on djembe & bourama diabate on dunun. this group is called djine.

this one was at 'taxi mandingue' in brussels. adama coulibaly adds some very nice kamelengoni and vocals. gaoussou from danaya is helping sarr on djembe and dunun, and fasara sacko (singer on sarr's cd) was also there. moussa diabate on bala, ismaila kouyate and bourema diabate on dunun. a truly magical night that would have been.

a dance show with brahima and his students from coryphee dance school in brussels. some nice dansa. martin chemin and hichem slama on djembe solo.

another dance show with brahima and students, this time sarr doing the djembe solo.

some beautiful work at another concert in brussels with sarr's crew

another workshop brahima gave in lyon, france