[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Interesting Baba Olatunji Stand - Available for us? - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 2 posts
Hey all, I was watching some Baba Olatunji videos, and I'd seen in this youtube clip that he's got a wicked wrought iron djembe stand for playing standing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT2J1Ot9N5c I know Remo makes one similar, but this is only for sitting. Does anyone know if stands like this are even commercially available? My whole setup is standing and really cool, and will post pictures soon :) I've just been having trouble finding a good standing djembe stand to get it completely upright.

For reference, the drum is a (gorgeous) massive Guinean wood drum, so it's too heavy for many of the angled stands to play standing without falling over.
The sturdiest jembe stand I've used is made by Pearl percussion:

Pearl PC900 "Fit-all" djembe and conga stand

The "basket" style stands are generally not tall enough to play standing up, and wobble too much. Also, most of them don't tilt at all so unless you're used to playing your jembe flat on the ground, they'll be pretty much useless. Meinl makes one that tilts, but I've never tested it, so I don't know whether it's sturdy or not.

Hope this helps.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 2 posts