For chatting and discussions.
By djembefola.com admin
Hey guys, I have finally launched the

Djembefola Patreon page

Please support us if you can.

If you have any other ideas how we can do this, or ways to incentivise people to support, then please let me know :)

And total love, respect and thanks to Michi our moderator for his tireless devotion and hard work as moderator.

He also stepped in to cover costs, when I was broke and couldn't afford to keep the website going. In the last year, he has donated $240!!!

Thank you Michi!!!!!

My idea is to publish all our expenses and any income so that everything is transparent. The new server is a part of this, as it allows me to seperate the djembefola.com expenses from the expenses of other websites I run.

James
By djembefeeling
Wow, Michi, that is very genereous! So much time and money for djembefola, even though you are almost invisible lately... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have no good idea about generating money for the site. It has become sort of scarcely frequented these last two years. Where is everybody? Moved to facebook or is djembe down in general?
Last edited by djembefeeling on Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By drtom
This is the first I've heard of Patreon, but I would hope incentives are not critical. Many people have benefited from this site over the years, and I'd like to think they've come to value it and wish to see it thrive.

What I do think is critical is getting the word out. Djembefola.com must have an extensive email list to be mined. Facebook, Twitter, LinkeIn and all other social media could be coordinated to help spread the word. It's a lot of work, I know.

Thank you for keeping the ads off this site. That must have been a difficult decision.
By djembefola.com admin
Hey DrTom, yes we have a big email, I'll send that out when even I can, it may take a while though, as I need to reset up our email program, as we couldn't afford to keep it going...
By michi
My suggestion is to donate a dollar a month. I believe I get more than 3 cents of value per day out of this site, and I expect many other people do, too.

$12 per year to keep the best English-speaking djembe resource in the world going. That's not a lot, and it won't take that many people to help cover James's costs.

Michi.