For chatting and discussions.
By michi
Sweet! Very nice carving and beautiful finish.

Interesting shape too. Almost like a hybrid of Guinea and Mali styles. I do hope it sounds as good as it looks! :-)

Michi.
By Shaeren
Thanks, Michi. It sounds beautiful. I couldn't believe the huge sound that came out of it when I first played it. The cleanest slaps almost seemed to happen on their own. It's such a joy to play. Made me very happy :D
By Beerfola
OK. My new axe(s). 15 gallons of sawdust and many hours later and VOILA! All wood salvaged and up-cycled from a construction site. An Ipe wood garden bench, torn out oak bedroom floor, and even some cherry baseboard. And STILL not "cheap" when all is said and done. But fun for sure.
P1010009.JPG
P1010009.JPG (231.59 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
P1010002.JPG
P1010002.JPG (294.81 KiB) Viewed 2862 times
By Beerfola
Well thanks. You have an eye for quality. However I can't take credit for the skinning. There was too much at stake in materials for me to take that leap. I left that up to the pros at Drumskulls. But next time for sure. I have another shell in the works and want to get that skill under my belt.
By Waraba
Coming next week...
's Djembe 2.jpg
's Djembe 2.jpg (241.39 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
's Djembe1.jpg
's Djembe1.jpg (110.23 KiB) Viewed 2741 times
By michi
Magnificent! And a beautiful skin too!

I want to hear a sound report once you get it! :)

Michi.
By Waraba
michi wrote:Magnificent! And a beautiful skin too!

I want to hear a sound report once you get it! :)

Michi.

Thanks, Michi! It's like having another child. :dance2:
By Waraba
Michel wrote: The drum was made for me in Bamako in 2010, by a local carver.

That's a Mali classic. The real thing, pure pure Mali.
By Waraba
Beerfola wrote:OK. My new axe(s). 15 gallons of sawdust and many hours later and VOILA! All wood salvaged and up-cycled from a construction site. An Ipe wood garden bench, torn out oak bedroom floor, and even some cherry baseboard. And STILL not "cheap" when all is said and done. But fun for sure.
That's incredible! So they are stave drums?
By larsb
my newly reheaded dsd drum ...
dsdjembe1.jpg
dsdjembe1.jpg (45.51 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
dsdjembe2.jpg
dsdjembe2.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 2709 times
By Tidyfriday
Hi guys i am new to this site as i am to djembe playing being a beginner i started playing at drumroots.org in Manchester U.K about two years ago and i found the experience of group lessons very exhilerating and jamie the teacher was an amazing tutor with a great teaching method i am now living in Spain (Agorfa) and cant seem to find group lessons or just people to practice with as you know its not much fun playing alone.so if anyone knows where there is one i dont mind travelling but not tooooo far within reason.
Thought i would post a picture of my djembe that i bought of a guy in Santa Pola market it wasnt for sale really and i managed to talk him into selling it to me as i had been looking for quite a while to buy one i dont know much about it so if anyone can tell me more about it eg.type of wood or where it may originate from that would be great. Cheers guys.
Attachments
20140520_144613.jpg
20140520_144613.jpg (900.79 KiB) Viewed 2636 times