[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Show off your axe - Page 5 - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
By zackaa05
You all have some beautiful drums!

Here is a pic of my 13" x 25" Lenke Burkina Faso Djembe. These pics were actually taken a while back, since then I got the head replaced and pulled the verts, but I love the sleek Burkina build and minimalist carvings, really a special drum...

By bops
Here's one I headed recently. I'm trying to decide if I still like playing on goatskin. I've been playing exclusively on cowskin for about 2 years.

I bought this drum from a Senegalese vendor at the flea market, Pte de Clignancourt, Paris. Paid 100 euro for it about 6 or 7 years ago. The shell is from Mali. Guene wood.
mali_jembe.jpg
mali_jembe.jpg (153.66KiB)Viewed 3922 times
By Dugafola
bops wrote:Here's one I headed recently. I'm trying to decide if I still like playing on goatskin. I've been playing exclusively on cowskin for about 2 years.

I bought this drum from a Senegalese vendor at the flea market, Pte de Clignancourt, Paris. Paid 100 euro for it about 6 or 7 years ago. The shell is from Mali. Guene wood.
mali_jembe.jpg
i'd play that. where's that skin from?
By drummerdan
these are my babys
Attachments
drums 2.jpg
drums 2.jpg (6.65KiB)Viewed 3869 times
Imported Photos 00013 [320x200].jpg
Ebay drum lol
Imported Photos 00013 [320x200].jpg (26.09KiB)Viewed 3869 times
Dans Drums.jpg
Dans Drums.jpg (38.39KiB)Viewed 3869 times
By Dugafola
drummerdan...i like your se se.

we should start a new thread showing off our se se...
By rachelnguyen
Still no cowskin to share, but I am cross posting my latest love.....

A Jeli dunun!
Attachments
Resize of Rotation of DSCF0168.jpg
Resize of Rotation of DSCF0168.jpg (23.9KiB)Viewed 3821 times
By rachelnguyen
Dugafola wrote:drummerdan...i like your se se.

we should start a new thread showing off our se se...
He he... Sounds like a pick up line in a bar.

Hey baby, I like your se se....

My friend Sam Holmstock, (of Entrain fame) has the best ones I have seen so far. He made them with a bunch of key rings and stuff. They are really fantastic, and sound wonderful. Maybe I'll be able to get a pic for the new thread at some point.
By bops
rachelnguyen wrote:Still no cowskin to share, but I am cross posting my latest love.....

A Jeli dunun!
I love it. I bet it sounds nice 8)... any chance you could post a close-up of the rim with the heading technique? Thanks in advance!
By rachelnguyen
Sure, Bops.

This is the best I can do with the cheap camara. If you need more detail, let me know and I'll pull out the big one!
Attachments
crop of jeli head.jpg
crop of jeli head.jpg (187.72KiB)Viewed 3809 times
By bops
Thanks a lot!
rachelnguyen wrote:This is the best I can do with the cheap camara. If you need more detail, let me know and I'll pull out the big one!
If you ever get a chance, that'd be cool! No rush, though.
By drummerdan
I think a new thread for se se shakers would b neat.Ive made quite a few sets out of galvinived sheet metal and stainless steel.would like to no what u guys have used and tried that sound good, look nice,etc.
By Dugafola
ddan,

start it up. i'd be into checking out your designs.

mine are pretty basic...i set of your standard big guinea ones and then a set of mali ones with the pointy tops. i'll hook some pics soon.
By drummerdan
I am in the process of moving right now.When i get settled and unpacked i will post what ive made.peace
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 5 of 47
  • 697 posts
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable