[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 583: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 639: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Konoba band - Djembefola - Djembe Forum

For chatting and discussions.
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • 2 posts
By neuroanimal
I didn't find any occurence of the word on this forum board: KONOBA. It's a band name.

I heard them life, and they were amazing, playing with power, engagement, passion and love. Unfortunately this band is not existing anymore. But some videos clips of them left on YT. Please look on this demo:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxDO5UCoMuA[/video]

Name of the band Konoba would mean anything related to "big Kono". As Kono have many meanings, I'm just guessing that band name was projected as "big bird" :lol:

I know that leader drummer of the band left Poland and back to his homeland of France. No more information about him, if he plays in other group or not. His name is Maxime Piazza. I know also leader dancer of the band, Viola Wojciechowska, she is still living in Warsaw and now is focusing mainly on Senegambian styles, eg. Sabar dances.

As you can see on the attached video there appear names like "Konkoba Sayon" (beside this exist also "Konkoba Daba") and "Soko Chaud" (do you know other Soko rhythm/song names?). They had singing, dancing, drumming and nice clothes and scenery, just like a cultural troupe or a theatre group. I love this, it's like an African ballet but in European version. What do you think?
    [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
  • Page 1 of 1
  • 2 posts